This sums it all up perfectly:
Archive for the ‘Random’ Category
Are they really so afraid to lose the crackpot vote that they won’t even give a straight answer??
But here are a few of my favourite addictions things:
- Chai lattes. I can sniff out a Bridgehead/Starbucks from a mile away.
- Live music! There is nothing like a live show!
- Baking! I love to bake… cake, cupcakes, cookies… anything that can bring that moan of joy from my friends when they take a bite!
- It may seem strange… but I LOVE looking at photos of cupcakes!! You can’t help but smile when you see cupcakes!! Try it! You’ll like it!
- Learning new things! In the past 2 years I’ve finished a psych degree, taken cake decorating courses, I’m taking guitar lessons, learned to crochet, started Yoga, and learned a few things about social media and the science behind baking. If I had more time in my day I would have taken a resin course, pottery classes, thai cooking, advanced baking courses, and needle felting.
- Web stats. I love to know who you are! Where do my visitors come from? What did they click on? How many hits have I had today??
Why am I babbling so much?
I’ll tag people too…
… you’re it!
Stop lurking! Post your favourite addictions in the comments!!
Wow… 10000 visitors in 15 months!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
2009 has arrived and I’m completely unprepared. I’d like to greet the new year by asking it to treat us with mercy. I’m ready to take it on provided there are no Skeksis hiding in the shadows. Deal?
January has often been a time of reflection for me. For most of the year I keep pretty busy. Hiding behind my interests allows me to avoid reflection most of the time but I could never fully escape January. The cold of winter and the quiet of the post-holiday season isolates us with our thoughts. Some days it feels as though I’m living in a snow globe; the muffled quiet surrounding me as the snow swirls around my little house.
I have the standard New Year’s resolutions: get healthier, spend more time with my family, win the lottery. The simple things in life right? I have other resolutions too: work on my home business, improve my guitar playing and yoga practice, win the lottery. But beyond the surface are my heart’s desires… these I keep to myself; like a wish that might fail if vocalized. The kinds of hopes and dreams that those closest to me already know… I don’t need to vocalize anything, they know my secrets.
Hopefully everyone takes some time to reflect. Reprioritize their lives; remembering we work to live, never live to work.
As Mel Brooks so perfectly stated, “Look, I really don’t want to wax philosophic, but I will say that if you’re alive, you’ve got to flap your arms and legs, you’ve got to jump around a lot, you’ve got to make a lot of noise, because life is the very opposite of death. “
Speaking of marketing if anyone at KitchenAid is looking to have a blogger test out one of their fabulous Professional-600-series-wide-6qt-bowl-lift-beauties they can just drop me a note…